Sunday, August 4, 2013

Weeding in turmeric - using Nejiri Scraper

Earlier I had reported about a weeding tool called Nejiri Scraper which is useful for natural farming.

http://farming-experiments.blogspot.in/2012/12/small-hand-held-weeder-for-natural.html

Today I used this tool for weeding the turmeric raised bed. It was very useful, earlier I tried to weed using hand and it was difficult and time consuming. Using this tool, I was able to cut the grass very effectively since there is only small space between the plants. Some times I just pull the tool and since it is very sharp, it cuts the weed. Some time I cut the plant, when stones are there in the field, we have to be careful not to hit the stones. Cut weeds may come back and I may have to do weeding again, but for natural farming it is OK. Overall I am happy with the performance of tool.




No comments: