Sunday, August 2, 2020

Some more millets

Even though I haven't started proper cultivation of millets, keeps few seeds of some millets and also plant them just for fun. I have already wrote an article about my little millet and sorghum, other millets which I have is foxtail,barnyard and browntop millet.

At some point I would like to cultivate them for food purpose,but the major threat is from birds. Small sparrows and peacocks come and eat them to large extend, have to find a solution for this. It is OK, even if we loose upto 25%, when it goes beyond that it becomes a problem. Some photos...


Browntop Millet - It grows quite good, leaves and grain is almost same as little millet, but the grain formation in the head is totally different.



Left side is barnyard millet and right side is foxtail millet. Foxtail millet is quite promising...Barnyard millet is mostly eaten by birds..

No comments: