Friday, April 8, 2022

Selling mango from a single Moovandan tree

Even though only few mango trees flowered this time, one moovandan mango tree have enough fruits. When fruits started falling, harvested few and used at home. Today harvested remaining ones. It was around 200Kgs, so where to sell was a big question. While my farm help, Palani was harvesting, I made few calls and some suggested, it should be brought in trays which I was not having. To collect trays first I have to go there and then it has to be packed in tray and again taken to the shop. 

Later I decided that, I will just take it in the car and will see what happens. I took it to a place called 'Kamrathchalla'. They confirmed mango is of good quality and matured enough and offered 25/ per kg which was less, so went to the next shop which had ample parking space. They also told it is good quality and offered 35/ per kg. This shop's name is P.K.Haneefa,Pallam,Muthalamada (it is on the way to Kambrathchalla). They graded it and good ones were 153 Kgs and 3nd quality was 30Kgs, totally earned 5955/ good money considering a single tree.




No comments: