Sunday, December 18, 2016

Berceem clover evaluation

I was trying to grow a cover crop for the coconut area, which grows and reseeds every year. Some people said, Berceem clover is a good choice, so got some seeds from a friend. I just it put in kitchen garden, it readily germinated, even though growth is not very good..some pictures will follow...

19-December-2016

It has been 3 weeks since I put them...



23-January-2017


One or two white flowers have appeared, the one on the left is a weed flower. It looks to me, this may grow better in rainy season in this climate? I have saved some seeds to experiment, but anyway they have to germinate and come along with pre-monsoon showers.

Could not see any seeds formed...overall not sure about if it will grow well in this hot climate, anyway will try it with monsoon season once again.

No comments: