Sunday, April 28, 2019

Sighting a bird nest

Since we received a couple of good rains, thought of clearing some bushes in the farm. My farm helper was employed for this task and I was also helping in this task. When I was cutting some subabul bushes, two birds came and sat some what closer to me, it was little bit unusual. I just looked around to see if there are some nests around, but could not see anything. I continued my work and could see one bird sitting on a branch close to me and pulling out some thing, I could sense it was not eating any insect at that close distance from me. I just looked,and found a small nest with two eggs. The birds were trying to protect it, and since there were many red ants around, they were pulling out from the nest. I felt happy that I could see it before cutting that branch, I just stopped the work and moved back. They were guarding the nest and one was sitting inside the nest. The bird population in the farm has increased quite a lot since there are wild growth throughout the farm.




15-May-2019

Saw the nest yesterday, only remains of eggs are there, it looks like eggs hatched and young birds have left the place.

No comments: