Monday, May 23, 2022

Happy hill rice from USDA GRIN

While searching for Happy Hill rice, I had come across United States Department of Agriculture Germplasm Resources Information Network (USDA GRIN) and there I could see that, they keep Happy Hill rice seeds and distribute to people who are interested. They keep germ plasm from different parts of world. I think, it was suggested by some one in permies.com. I ordered it and they said, it would be sent, but in the middle of Corona pandemic, nothing happened. I made request for a second time and they asked me to send seed import license to send seeds. Then I asked them if they can send it to my friend in California and they readily agreed for it.

They sent 10gm seeds of Happy Hill 1 and Happy Hill 2 and my friend in California gave it to my brother-in-law in Boston and they carried it to India when they travelled, there was no issues in bringing it. I kept it in refrigerator so that it could be sown in rainy season. I will be sowing it in a week's time.





No comments: