I have a small patch where I cultivate happy hill rice in every rainy season. This time made it bit lower and raised buds so that water stagnates and never leaves it. Earlier I had used bricks instead of buds, but water used to leake and topsoil was lost.
The patch was growing green gram for 2 months,cut that and mulched it. Yesterday it rained nicely and hence had a feel that monsoon is starting and put some seeds in water. Plan is to soak them for 24 hours and sow. Today there was no rain, if rain recedes again, seeds may be lost, but have enough seeds in the refrigerator.
Mixed soaked rice seeds with cowdung and added little water so that it mixes well. This is just to try, mixing with cowdung and sowing, how it germinates and prevents from insect and bird attack. Earlier once when I sowed rice seeds, ants picked most of them.
24-June-2026
Small channels were made using a sharp tool and then seeds mixed with cowdung was put
09-July-26
Germination was OK, few places couldn't see the saplings and hence transplanted. Applied cowdung slurry once also composted cowdung was spread.
30-July-26
Some rice plants were toppled on heavy rain,right now rains have picked. Surface germination without mulch can cause this. In this plot, either I should surface seed with heavy mulch or should put seed inside the soil,reasonably deep.
No comments:
Post a Comment